Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Update

This week has had less of Screens action since I had to put some more effort in my full time job.

I have made progress however. For example: CoreObjectBrowse now can mount objects automatically so you can pass a path like this: \C\Users\home\Documents\Downloads and it will mount each folder until it finds the Downloads folder. I also moved the rest of the mounting functionality to the CoreObject component leaving the devices to only the mounting itself. This makes mounting more transparent to objects.

I still have much work to do. First I have to write the 'unnamed' component (my biggest problem is giving meaningful names to components) which is like a file storage in a file. This will hold all the resources like fonts, strings, bitmaps and settings that Screens will need to run. The great thing is that I will be able to easily manipulate it by copying files from my real windows drive to the virtual drive. So I will be able to copy bitmaps as they are from windows to my storage which will make things much easier to handle. I still have some unfinished design issues in this component so I am sure it will take some time, hopefully not too much time.

No comments: