Monday, June 19, 2006

Update: StoreChannel has been coded

You can find the updated source as always here: http://www.geocities.com/zhamilton1/screens.zip I dont believe it! Things are going great! OK... StoreChannel has been coded which means that the kernel can not only launch modules but if a module talks to the kernel, I have now coded the component which will allow the kernel to read the parameters sent by the modules. What's left before I release the 0.1 version of the kernel? 1. Finish the transalation layer in the kernel that recieves the parameters and passes them to the kernel functions. No brainer here, just alot of typing. 2. Start working on a demo application to demonstrate the object storage and write the Core wrappers while working on it. While the demo application might be a bit complex (hopefully I'll think of some cool demo) the wrappers are just alot of typing. 3. Test that it works - the hard part :D Screens Environemnt is on a level it was never before and I realy feel that the kernel first release is going to be very soon. I know it has taken 4 years and the kernel only holds the object storage but because of the amount of design I have spent on other components like the UI, you will see the pace not slow down but actually go faster as time goes by. You have no idea how complex it is to design an object storage and if you dont believe me, just follow my posts :D

No comments: