Friday, June 23, 2006

Update: The kernel is basicly finished

Yep... You heard me right... I did it... I FINISHED THE KERNEL more or less. So what can you do with it? At the moment... nothing... Which is why I am going to spend now writing an application to make the kernel actually 'do' something. I still haven't decided what I want it to do but I'll think of something. You can find as usual the source code here: http://www.geocities.com/zhamilton1/screens.zip I am so thrilled that I finally reached this step! I knew it would happen (yeah, right ;) ) It just shows that if you dont give up, you can make it! So what do I mean by more or less done? Well... It was hard testing it internally so most of the bugs will be ironed out in the application I make that uses it. Of course while writing the application I will write the kernel API so any application can use the kernel services. If you look at the code in StoreHandler.h/c you will see a strange set of macros but these macros allowed me to reduce alot of code I would have to write otherwise. It allowed me to easily create message to function calls. I made it...

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Wow! I'm so happy! Can't wait to be able to code apps in Screens!