Monday, June 26, 2006

Update: Kernel API Coded

Hi, I've uploaded the new source code: http://www.geocities.com/zhamilton1/screens.zip I finished coding the Kernel API thanks to some changes in the module.h header file. I know it looks like a hack but it realy did reduce the number of lines I had to write to get it working. If you look at the differences between StoreHandler.h and StoreHandler.c you will notice they are nearly identical apart from the prefix DECLARE and IMPLEMENTATION. And by this small change, it allows me to declare and implement the kernel side of handling kernel calls while in the application it uses the prefix INTERFACE and CALL which allow me to do the same thing but for the module side of calling kernel calls. A little complex but very usefull. OK, So I am starting to work on the application that will demonstate the kernel. I should finish it in a few months and I hope you will all be happy when you see it. Just remember that it demonstrates a very basic idea of the Screens Environment Object Storage and is to be seen that way and no more. From the module perspective I can know just call the kernel API and it will launch the kernel to execute that code. The application will look like a normal PalmOS prc file and can be launched from the normal launcher. Hopefully my design will pay off and the application will go smoothly, if not... I will not rewrite the kernel! Promise :)

1 comment:

Brad Green said...

Wow, got the kernel finished. Good job. Hadnt checked back at this blog in a while, glad I did, lots of progress. By the way, how is your current security situation there in Eli?