Thursday, June 16, 2005

PalmOS will survive

First of all, I would like to thank Jeff Kirvin for his latest 1src podcast: http://www.1src.com/headlines/show/001089.html

I think that Jeff is doing a great job and getting people to know about what the current state programmers are going through. They are having a hard time and someone needs to do something about it.

My post over at SoloMedia about PalmOne's ignorance of programmers and users and my solution for it (which as usual has something to do with Screens): http://www.solomedia.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2130#2130

Go and vote which components you find hard to code for at my 1src thread: http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89575

I think Screens is finally getting its purpose more clearly told. I am sad that this is the case for developers but it will be even a better reason for them to move to the Screens API's once I release it since its designed to solve the exact problems they are currently having with PalmSource and because its free I dont see the problem of programmers jumping in. I am working very hard... I have pinpointed the design and coding as we speak the basic object storage. My wife will be off her university in exactly another month in which she will help me with the project (I have been waiting for this moment). She is very talented (but she doesnt believe that) and I realy think she will able to boost Screens forward. So... the hour of Screens is at hand and the question is will I be able to take advantage of the moment... Hopefully... Wanna help me? Chat with me via my MSN Messenger group or via any thread you want... just send me the link (Via my MSN account, my email at zhamilton1@yahoo.co.uk or give a PM at 1src, my user name is zhamilton1, or just post it here.) I wont to get involved in any way I can to understand what developers want and need. Want the API to be easy in a certain area, tell me which area... give me your coding needs... let me find a solution for you... anything... In the comming days I will try and talk about Screens in any place I can find... if you have any links to thread locations to talk about Screens... tell me please I realy want this project to work and I think now is the criticial time I have been waiting for... the right time to let Screens out to the world.

No comments: